Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cover of DisneyFiles

I just saw "Saving Mr. Banks" today with my family. I have always considered "Mary Poppins" to be possibly the quintessential Disney classic, and its creation was beautifully dramatized by this wonderful film. 

For the Fall issue of "DisneyFiles", the magazine of the Disney Vacation Club, I had the honor of illustrating the cover art. This issue celebrates the new addition to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, much of which is themed to "Mary Poppins". 








4 comments:

Eric Scales said...

What was Disney Files Magazine? I don't think I've ever heard of it. Aside from being cute, that's a great interpretation of the horses- I totally recognize them even without the color.

Ron said...

Thanks so much, Eric! I've updated the post - hope it's more explanatory. The magazine is for members of the Disney Vacation Club, and lately the artists of the Disney Design Group have been featured (Casey Jones was on the previous issue).

Jeff Harter said...

Good Stuff, Ron! Thanks for visiting my blog. I feel like I should know you (I was at CalArts character animation program 1994 - 1996, Disney Feature Animation 1996 - 1999).

Ron said...

Thanks, Jeff! I'm sure we crossed paths along the line. I was at CalArts until 1994, and at Feature from '94 to '97 (then transferred to the Florida studio, where I worked until it closed in 2004).