Friday, December 11, 2009

The Princess and the Frog

Today is the wide release of Disney's official return to traditional feature-length animation after more than five years: "The Princess and the Frog". I can't wait to see it tonight with friends and colleagues, and hope it does well this opening weekend. Needless to say, I'm very proud of this film, and grateful for the chance to work on it with Premise Entertainment in Orlando (one of the studios that helped in a big way with clean-up, effects, backgrounds, and ink and paint) - hopefully this will usher in many more traditionally-animated films. Please go see it and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitely Ron..I hope this triggers a "little mermaid-esque" return to 2D!! I can't bear the influx of 3D anymore we need something fresh. Hopefully you can post some of your c/u from it, the character models of this film all look so appealing!! I might grab the "art of" book.

Cheers, keep up the great work..
Angelo

Ron said...

Thanks, Angelo! I do hope there's more to come, as well. It's close to the $100 million mark now, as of late January. I'd love to get the "art of" book too.